2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers| Preparations
- Friday,13th August 2021 – Preliminary squad of local based players plus foreign-based players currently in Uganda summoned.
- Saturday, 14th August 2021 – Team enters residential camp at Cranes Paradise Hotel after undergoing COVID-19 tests.
- Monday, 16th August 2021 – Team starts training (Venue will be communicated).
- Saturday, 21st August 2021 – Team departs for foreign training camp in Jordan (2 build up games against Syria will be played here on 23rd and 26th August).
- Friday, 27th August 2021 – Team departs for Adis Ababa, Ethiopia. Majority of the foreign based players will join the team here.
- Sunday, 29th August 2021 – Friendly game against Ethiopia.
- Tuesday, 31st August 2021 – Team arrives in Nairobi for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Kenya.
- Thursday, 2nd September 2021 – Kenya vs Uganda at Nyayo Stadium, Nairobi.
Uganda Cranes head coach Milutin Sredojevic has embarked on preparations for the forthcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers. This will be the first task for the gaffer since assuming the role at the start of this month.
The coach has summoned a preliminary squad of 30 players to prepare for both the local and foreign training camps prior to the first Qualifier game against Kenya next month.
The squad named comprises of locally based players and the foreign based players that are currently in Uganda (off season). The remaining foreign based legion will be named at a later date.
The players will first undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test before entering residential camp at Cranes Paradise Hotel on Saturday.
Training will commence on Monday, 16th August at a venue that will be communicated later. This will go on up to Saturday before the team departs for the foreign camp in Jordan.
In Jordan, Uganda Cranes will have two friendly games against the Syria National Team coming on 23rd and 26th August.
The team will then depart for Ethiopia on 27th August for another friendly game two days later. The remaining foreign based players will join the team here.
After the friendly game against Ethiopia, Uganda Cranes contingent will then move to Nairobi, Kenya on 31st August ahead of the first 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier game against the Harambee Stars.
Uganda is in Group E of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers alongside Kenya, Rwanda and Mali.
Joel Mutakubwa (Express FC), Charles Lukwago (KCCA FC), Simon Tamale (Soltilo Bright Stars FC), Nafian Alionzi (URA FC)
Enock Walusimbi (Express FC), Innocent Wafula (Mbarara City FC), Paul Willa (Vipers SC), Eric Ssenjobe (Police FC), Aziizi Kayondo (Vipers SC), Halid Lwaliwa (Vipers SC), Murushid Juuko (Express FC) Garvin Kizito Mugweri (SC Villa), Kenneth Ssemakula (SC Villa), Hassan Muhamood (Police FC), Denis Iguma (KCCA FC)
Nicholas Kasozi (Kyetume FC), Bobosi Byaruhanga (Vipers SC), Muzamiru Mutyaba (Express FC), Shafik Kuchi Kagimu (URA FC), Ali Abubaker Gift (KCCA FC), Ibrahim Orit (Vipers SC), Milton Karisa (Vipers SC), Abdu Lumala (Pyramids FC)
Richard Basangwa (Vipers SC), Steven Dese Mukwala (URA FC), Patrick Henry Kaddu (RS Berkene), Emmanuel Arnold Okwi (Unattached), Yunus Ssentamu (Vipers SC), Jude Ssemugabi (Mbarara City FC), Martin Kizza (Express FC)